Thursday, January 3, 2013

Break


Let me start off by saying that I did not realize how long I was away from blogging. Once the school year really got to going, it became a very busy life.  So now I am back and I hope to continue blogging on a weekly basis.

I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday season. My family and I had a wonderful one. I hope to be able to post about Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas through out the upcoming week.


While on the blogging break, Kent was finally able to start pre-k. He did so great for about the first month and a half. Then he got sick and was out for a week and not long after that, they was out for a week to celebrate Thanksgiving. Since then, he has had a very hard time adjusting back to routine. Here are some pictures of his first day.



 It's so hard to believe that he will be starting Kindergarten next year!



This was the same week that the girls had homecoming at school. I will share just a few of the photos from that week.

This was supposed to be neon/bright color day.

I couldn't seem to get a decent picture of Dallas this day.

This was spirit day.



Enough of the pictures for now...

The girls have been doing really well in school. Dallas made her first "B" this year and it broke her heart. Keep in mind that she is only in third grade. Stephanie has been doing 100% better compared to the past few years. Sixth grade is a challenge for sure, but she is fighting tooth and nail with it. I am so proud of how well they are doing.


I might as well throw Halloween in this post.

So for Halloween, a local town does a thing called "Treats on the Streets". Local businesses for a 2-3 stretch closes down early and the roads get shut down for a few hours so that kids can trick or treat there. It is really fun and really safe. I think most all the kids have more fun walking in the middle of street than actually getting some candy. Afterwards, we went to the town that we lived in and went to a couple of churches. By the time we got there they didn't have much candy left, so we decided to head on home for the evening. On our way home, we spotted a few houses that had several trick or treaters. We stopped and let the kids join in on the fun. We also noticed then that several cars was going in and out of a local sub division. Lets just say that when we left there, the kids had enough candy to last the whole year. I ended up throwing most of the candy away.

Stephanie was an 80's kid, Dallas was a competition cheerleader, and Kent was Big Al(Roll Tide)


This same week, Kent's class painted pumpkins for their monthly craft day. He had so much fun!








That's all for this post. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment