Sunday, January 6, 2013

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving wasn't much of a big to do this year. We only had one place to go to for the first time in years. Let me just say that it was so nice to not go all over the country that day!

It started out that we woke up and watched that Macy's Thanksgiving parade. Well, the kids did and I got my cooking done. Stephanie had to go to her dads for their lunch, and like some ex couples there was a little bit of drama. We had supper at my parents and my brother and his family was there along with my cousin and his family. Robert couldn't make it over until he got off work. That was about 6:00 if I had to guess. Like I said, it was a very lazy Thanksgiving, but it was time to have one after all these years of running the roads.


This year was the first time my mom has gone shopping on Black Friday. It wasn't my first, but it had been nine years since the last time I went shopping. We waited until about 11 that morning go out. There was no way I was going to get out in all that early morning crowd. Or even on Thanksgiving night. Thanksgiving is the time to spend with family, not shopping. Anyways, my mom actually enjoyed the late Black Friday shopping. Maybe a little more than I did! Although most all the deals was over, I did manage to get a few movies for Robert for $1. One of them was "The Hangover" which completed his "Hangover" collection.

All in all, Thanksgiving was great this year! I hope yours was as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment