Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday afternoon DIY

I am really happy about this unexpected DIY that I did. So one thing that I love about where we are living at the moment is the light fixtures, but I hated the glass globes/covers. They was this horrible yellowish/dirty color and they did not give off much light at all. I could have all 3 lights turned on in the kitchen and it still was not bright enough. But not too long ago I was looking through some empty cabinets that I had never looked in all the 2 1/2 years that we have lived here and I found some clear ones. I was so excited once I put them on the fixture that they fit. They gave off so much light and they just had a clean crisp look to them. Then I hated how I didn't have matching ones and started to talk about getting ones to match. Maybe 2 a month until we had what we needed. So today I wanted to wash them for some reason and as I was doing so I reminded Robert of my plans for buying some new ones. As I was drying them off really good with a towel I noticed that the yellow coating was coming off and underneath it looked just like the clear ones I had. I immediately got ecstatic! So I thought about what would work to take it off and found just what I needed. So here it goes....


I found that nail polish remover wiped it off with little to no scrubbing at all and it didn't take much at remover at all. I ended up running out and had to use some Awesome, but with that I had to scrub.


Before


Final product of the last one that I did. I used the Awesome and  a two sided kitchen sponge. Such a huge difference! I will finish it when I get more nail polish remover.


Final product of one that nail polish remover was used on.  Please ignore the terrible popcorn ceiling. One day I will be a home owner and will have the option to NOT have such an ugly thing.


I am so excited at how all of them turned out. It definitely kept me busy to where I wasn't hungry or thought about food.

By the way, I have started the HCG diet and it's going GREAT so far. You can look at the top of this page and click on the weight loss tab to follow my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment