Friday, October 29, 2010

Facebook

As most of you know, I am a big fan of 96.5 here in Birmingham. The girls and I listen every morning on our way to school, considering it's just about the only thing kid friendly on. Well on my way home from taking them this morning, I heard something rather disturbing...about Facebook!! A mother in Florida had killed her child over a Facebook app called Farmville!! I don't know about you, but that is rather crazy. I know that I stay on Facebook more than I should, but it's a game. I have way more important things going on than to sit around all day long playing games. I was reading some comments on a news website that people was talking about her being on Welfare and other government help. It's people like her that make others on it look bad. I am not taking complete advantage of the gavernment by being on Medicaid or Foodstamps. I am on it because I truly do need it. If it wasn't for Medicaid, my kids would never go to the dentist or to the doctor when they get sick. Robert and I just simply can't afford to pay for insurance with his little income that he has. The same goes for Foodstamps. We even tried for about a month or two once we moved in over here to not have to have it, but it got to where the kids was going hungry except for when they was at school. I have heard so many people say that the pretty much need to get rid of it except for elders and handicap people. I guess all I am trying to say is that there are everyday people out there who truly need it. I have even known of people who was trying to make it through college who couldn't afford food, so they had to get on foodstamps. Let me note also, that only the kids are on Medicaid. Not Robert and I. So when we do get sick, we have to ride it out, even if it takes us a month or however long to get over it.


I feel a picture post coming later. I took some picture yesterday just playing around, and I don't really feel lik putting them on my Facebook. So check back later

No comments:

Post a Comment