Monday, May 23, 2011

A Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters



-a-


This past Friday my nephew graduated from high school. It has been the first graduation that I had been to in a while. It was bitter sweet. Our family has half a generation of kids that now has their own family or is in college. The other half is still in elementary school..Which two of those kids would be mine. With that being said, the next grandchild to graduate will be my Stephanie. Thank goodness I still have several years to prepare for that.


-b-


School is almost out for summer!! Most all the parents at our school is not making their kids come to school on Thursday..I am not one of them. I feel like they should complete the school year out even though we have been given permission to miss and not be counted against us. This is the last few days for Steph's teacher before she retires; so I feel like Steph should enjoy the last few days with her and make some memories while doing so.


Dallas, just wants to go because she loves her teacher so much, that she has even asked if she could move in with her. Not seriously though! Dallas told me she wasn't going to 2nd grade unless she gets to have the same teacher this year. Well, I have news for her..She HAS to go to 2nd grade.


Speaking of next school year--I have to write and send the letter of request for their teachers next year!.... I want Dallas to have the teacher that I had for 2nd grade considering she's the only teacher left at the school that Dallas would have a chance of having. As for Steph, I want her to have a hard teacher. It may sound crazy, but Steph is one of the kids that needs someone to push her at all times, but also understanding and sensitive at the same time. Steph has struggeled this year, but her teacher pushed and showed her that she can do a whole lot more if she really puts her mind to it. All in all, I am excited for summer break soon, but sad that my babies will be another grade higher in school..They grow up too fast!


-c-


I am LOVING my new/gently used Yellowbox flip flops that I got from the thrift store the other day. I usually don't buy shoes from there, but these still had the logo on the heel. Which means that they were not worn much.


-d-


My dad is in the process of opening his pool. He is a few weeks late on it this year, but he has been so busy that he just has not had the time until now. I can't wait to spend our summer days in the pool getting a lovely tan on!

No comments:

Post a Comment