Monday, January 30, 2012

I am linking up with Carissa here


{bad habbit}
I have got into a bad routine of not posting as much as I used to. Maybe it's because I haven't had as much to talk about. I'm going to try my best to start writting at least a couple of times a week.

{reading frenzy}
Friday I bought a book that I didnt realize ever existed until I came across it online. Most of you know that at one point I was addicted to The Sex and the City series. So when I ran across The Carrie Diaries, I knew that I had to get it. I started reading it Saturday morning and I finished it around midnight. It was wonderful and I can't wait to sink my mind into the next book- Summer and the City.

{over}
Basketball season is FINALLY over for the girls. It was sad to see it end, but glad to see it over. Dallas did great for her first year and Steph learned so much considering we took last year off. Of course, on the last game Steph got to shoot her very first free throw points EVER!! Of course after I realized what happened, I cried just beacuse I was so proud of her. She has a good way to go this next year in order to make the JV team for 7th grade, but I know with her determination, she will accomplish what she sets her mind to.




{report cards}
The girls brought report cards home a couple of weeks ago. Dallas made a 100, a 99, and a 98. Steph made all B's. She was so excited about it that she could barely hold in her excitement. Of course I can't blame her. This was the FIRST time since 2nd grade that she made honor on the first 2 report cards of the year. She has got an amazing teacher who has helped her so much. So, with all the hard work of basketball season and in academics, she will be getting the ipod touch that she has been asking for what seems forever now. They will be getting a pair of TOMS thrown in with their good rewards. For one reason, because I want myself a pair and so do they.

{young authors confrence}
Dallas got to attend the Young Authors Confrence when she was in Kindergarten. So she was okay with not getting to go last year and knew she wasn't going to get asked just because the elementary teachers want to give other students a chance to go. Well, last week Dallas came home and said she got asked to go because another child didn't want to go. That same day, Steph came home saying that she got invited to go as well. This is her first year for her to go. And this child is an AMAZING artist and writter. I'm starting to think that 5th grade is HER year. Now we are praying and hoping that she will get inducted to the Junior National Honor Society. We'll see though.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment